Rezidor's debut - The Royal Copenhagen in Denmark, created together with the legendary Arne Jacobsen, was hailed as the world’s first designer hotel. This auspicious start marked the beginning of a collection of landmark properties and innovative designs that would define Rezidor with its dynamic portfolio of brands and hotels.
Rezidor's debut - The Royal Copenhagen in Denmark, created with the legendary Arne Jacobsen - was hailed as the worlds first designer hotel. This auspicious start marked the beginning of of a collection of landmark properties and innovations that would come to define Rezidor with its dynamic portfolio of brands and hotels.
- First hotel - SAS Royal Hotel, Copenhagen: created by Arne Jacobsen, hailed as the world's original designer hotel
- First hotel outside Scandinavia - Radisson SAS Hotel, Kuwait
- Kurt Ritter appointed President & Chief Executive Officer of SAS International Hotels (SIH)
- Head Office moves from Oslo to Brussels
- Rezidor puts in place a detailed Environmental Policy for the group
- Project Win - a significant cost saving programme
- SIH SIH signs first Master Franchise Agreement with Carlson Hospitality Worldwide and creates Radisson SAS
- Launch of "Yes I Can!" service philosophy
- Launch of Radisson SAS Management School
- First hotel company to go asset-light, divesting real estate to focus on hotel management
- Entry into Africa with the opening of Radisson SAS Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
- 100 hotels in successful operation - joining the big league!
- Joint Venture with MWB to operate Malmaison hotels: 6 hotels in operation and 3 under development in the UK
- Launch of Mentor Mentee Programme to develop future General Managers from within
- Launch of a complete, group-wide Responsible Business programme
- Another Master Franchise Agreement with Carlson to develop and operate Country Inn, Park Inn & Regent hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Carlson buys 25% shares in Rezidor from SAS
- Rezidor is listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange. Carlson stake increases to 35%
- A new name, a new era - The Rezidor Hotel Group
- Carlson becomes the largest shareholder with 42%
- SAS divests all stakes in Rezidor
- 2nd largest pipeline in Europe
- Largest international hotel operator in Russia & CIS
- Radisson SAS becomes Radisson Blu
- Park Inn ranks highest on J.D. Power and Associates European Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study
- Rezidor opens Europe's largest Wine Tower at Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport
- First Hotel Missoni opens in Edinburgh to great acclaim
- Radisson Blu becomes the Largest Upscale Hotel Brand in Europe, as per MKG
- Park Inn becomes Park Inn by Radisson
- Rezidor celebrates 50 years Golden Jubilee together with Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen
- Rezidor named one of the Most Ethical Companies of the World by Ethisphere Institute
- Launch of strategic partnership with Carlson Hotels to create the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Launch of Think Planet, designed to reduce our energy consumption by 25% over the next 5 years
- Creation of two new innovative Meetings & Events Concepts: Experience Meetings for Radisson Blu and Smart Meetings for Park Inn by Radisson
- After 36 years with the company, Rezidor’s President and CEO, Kurt Ritter, announces his retirement, naming COO Wolfgang M. Neumann as his successor.
- The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group named as Hotel Group of the Year at the Worldwide Hospitality Awards 2012 in Paris
- Rezidor's new corporate website is ranked the 2nd best in Europe Travel & Leisure sector, measured against 766 other major European companies by KWD Webranking
- Rezidor celebrates our most successful ever Responsible Business Month. 260 plus Carlson Rezidor Hotels raised more than 130,000 EUR cash and gave 310,000 EUR in kind for charity organisations
- Kurt Ritter receives an amazing third Lifetime Achievement Award at the European Hospitality Awards 2012. He is also made a member of the British Travel Industry Hall of Fame
- Launch of new Performance Management Process to help us ensure development from within and increase our organisational effectiveness
- Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow is named as Europe's Leading Luxury Business Hotel for a second year at the highly prestigious World Travel Awards
- Wolfgang M Neumann takes over as Rezidor President and CEO
- Major announcement of a whole new, dynamic vision for Rezidor - 4D! DEVELOP talent; DELIGHT guests; DRIVE revenue, cost optimisation and profitable growth and DELIVER results!
- Club Carlson becomes the first hotel loyalty program to commit to global carbon offsetting initiative
- Together with Carlson, Rezidor introduces the new global brands Quorvus Collection (luxury) and Radisson RED (lifestyle select)
- Creation of Rezidor’s first employee value proposition "Our Promise"
- Rezidor launches "Women in Leadership" initiative with the target to increase the percentage of female leaders to 30%
- Rezidor reaches the milestone of 100,000+ rooms in operation and under development across EMEA
- Wolfgang M. Neumann appointed Chairman of the International Tourism Partnership (ITP)
- Rezidor signs UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and partners with Girls20 in support of gender equality and women in leadership
- Park Inn by Radisson partners with renowned street artist Joel Bergner to protect youth at risk
- World’s first Radisson RED opens in Brussels, Belgium
- Rezidor enters economy segment with acquisition of 49 percent stake in prizeotel
- HNA Tourism Group Co., Ltd. Acquires Carlson Hotels and becomes Rezidor’s majority shareholder
- HNA Tourism Group Co., Ltd. (“HNA”) announces a mandatory public offer to acquire all shares in Rezidor
- In May, Federico González-Tejera takes over as Rezidor President and CEO.
- World's first designer hotel:
The Royal Copenhagen
- Building on our brilliant
- Food, glorious food
And the best, buzzing bars
The Rezidor Hotel Group's history began in 1960 when we opened our first contemporary hotel: the towering Royal Copenhagen, built by SAS airlines to satisfy the demand for luxury accommodation in the Danish capital. Styled down to the smallest detail by the legendary architect Arne Jacobsen, it was acclaimed as the world's first designer hotel. Many of the iconic pieces that Jacobsen specifically created for the hotel - including his famous Swan and Egg chairs - have become highly desirable collectables.
The Royal, as SAS's spectacular flagship property, became one of the world's most celebrated hotels throughout the 1960's and 70's, attracting Heads of State, major rock and film stars and a many other VIP guests.
This promising debut marked the start of the beginning of a collection of landmark hotels and innovations that would come to define Rezidor and its dynamic portfolio of brands and hotels.
This promising debut marked the start of the beginning of a collection of landmark hotels and innovations that would come to define Rezidor and its dynamic portfolio of brands and hotels. Rezidor's Yes I Can! culture has helped us to be stylish and innovative within hospitality with spectacular, ground breaking design and service concepts, as well as our attention to detail and a generous dash of the Z-factor: our passion for doing things differently.
Working with world-class names in architecture and design, Radisson Blu has gained universal acclaim for its dynamic breed of spectacular properties, including:
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt - with its amazing, circular glass façade
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich – where acrobatic angels glide up and down the world's tallest and most beautiful wine tower to retrieve guests' wine orders
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin – with its enthralling, super-sized aquarium in the lobby
- The sleekly and minimalist Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel, in Paris
- The fantastic Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow, an iconic landmark in the heart of the Russian capital. One of Stalin's legendary Seven Sisters, built to showcase Soviet Neo-classicism architecture.
Rezidor's values have helped us to achieve spectacular growth and create our dynamic, multi-brand portfolio: our newest being Radisson RED, created to push the boundaries of technology and design. Radisson RED aims to connect with that ageless, millennial mindset and show that hotels can enhance their world via art, music, fashion and a distinctive connection.
Rezidor's ongoing passion for delivering world-class hospitality and innovative service concepts are put to the test in our supreme fine dining in superbly stylish surroundings:
- The Sea Grill restaurant at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels - headed by Executive Chef Yves Mattagne - is acclaimed as one of Belgium's finest restaurants. Mattagne’s' elegant and meticulously crafted menu has earned two highly prestigious Michelin stars, along with a host of other leading culinary awards.
- The Alcron at the Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague is home to Roman Paulus – known as one of the most talented chefs in the Czech Republic. With gourmet dishes, beautiful surroundings and courteous staff, The Alcron truly promises an unforgettable evening. The Alcron been awarded the Michelin Star annually from 2012 - 2015.